[comp.sys.sun] Cobol on SunOS

zank@netcom.com (Mathew Zank) (05/10/91)

Does anyone know if you can run COBOL on SunOS? if so where can you buy
the program?

Matthew Zank - Eau Claire, Wi
Internet: zank@netcom.com -or- 0003690668@mcimail.com

doug@cis.ohio-state.edu (Doug Kerr) (06/05/91)

In article <2757@brchh104.bnr.ca> zank@netcom.com (Mathew Zank) writes:
>Does anyone know if you can run COBOL on SunOS? if so where can you buy
>the program?

Yes, several Cobol compilers are available including:

	Sun Cobol (one of the following, I believe.)
	LPI Cobol
	AcuCobol
	RM/Cobol                800-762-6265
	Micro Focus Cobol       415-856-4161

We are currently using LPI Cobol for teaching.  We find it gives poor
error messages and also has lengthy compile times.  As a result we are
just beginning to evaluate other compilers.  We have no results to
report at this time.

I don't have the other phone numbers or any addresses handy, but could
ask someone else here for them if others don't supply the information.

--
 Douglas S. Kerr, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277