[comp.sys.sun] Lockscreen bypass

cjr@uunet.uu.net (Cris J. Rhea) (06/05/91)

Run lockscreen -e.  It will allow you to a) enter the passwd or b)
click on a box forcing a logout of the user.

--- Cris

jms@tardis.tymnet.com (Joe Smith) (06/11/91)

In article <2950@brchh104.bnr.ca> ssi!cjr@uunet.uu.net (Cris J. Rhea) writes:
>Run lockscreen -e.  It will allow you to a) enter the passwd or b)
>click on a box forcing a logout of the user.

However, clicking on the box to force the logout of the current user does
not always work.  It occasionally leaves the old user's processes and
windows accessable to the new user, who has gained access WITHOUT USING A
PASSWORD.

The current line from Sun is "don't use 'lockscreen -e', we cannot
guarentee its actions, and cannot be liable for its failure".

Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms
PO Box 49019, MS-C51    | BIX: smithjoe | CA license plate: "POPJ P," (PDP-10)
San Jose, CA 95161-9019 | humorous dislaimer: "My Amiga 3000 speaks for me."