From: cnbr38@vaxa.strath.ac.uk
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sun
Subject: Re: 4.0->4.1.1 SunOS sound file conversion software?
Date: 15 May 91 19:30:43 GMT

In article <2698@brchh104.bnr.ca>, island!daniel@uunet.uu.net (Daniel Smith "innovation, not litigation...") writes:
> Anyone got a program, perl script, etc. to convert sound files that worked
> fine under 4.0 to the correct format for 4.1.1?  I'm trying to use
> xbiff++, and I keep getting "Not a valid audio file: Error 0" from it.  I
> know that something in the header of files has changed, haven't had the
> time to root it out...  thanks for any hints.

A simple way of doing it is to use the soundtools program.
what you is load it in with this program and then save it again on which
it will put in the new header!!!

M. Devlin
Strathclyde University

guy@uunet.uu.net (Guy Harris) (06/11/91)

>A simple way of doing it is to use the soundtools program.
>what you is load it in with this program and then save it again on which
>it will put in the new header!!!

Another way of doing it is to compile the "raw2audio" program in the
"/usr/demo/SOUND" directory under 4.1[.x], and use that.  (There's even a
manual page for it in 4.1.1....)