[comp.sys.sun] New low end SPARC

schulman@madmax.hrl.hac.com (Joel Schulman) (06/05/91)

I have heard rumors about a new low end SPARC
product introduction this summer. As I may be
about to order an IPC, I would like to know if
something better/cheaper is coming along. Anyone
heard anything? Supposedly this was seen in some
trade rag.

JOel
schulman@maspv.hrl.hac.com

schulman@edison.seas.ucla.edu (Joel N. Schulman) (06/11/91)

In article <3401@brchh104.bnr.ca> schulman@madmax.hrl.hac.com (Joel Schulman) writes:
>I have heard rumors about a new low end SPARC
>product introduction this summer...

Here is some info obtained since I sent in my query: I just talked to a
Sun salesman who, reluctantly, told me a few facts about two new Sparc
IPC's that will come out in "2-3 months". One will be similar to the
present IPC but with a cheaper color monitor and will sell for a bit less
than the present one.  The other is a 27.5 mips machine that will sell for
a few thousand more than the present one. Couldn't get much more than that
out of him.

schulman@maspv.hrl.hac.com