[comp.dcom.telecom] Advantage of Bell breakup

mse@Phobos.Caltech.EDU (Martin Ewing) (05/06/87)

One little advantage I note to the divestiture (and all that) is that
now I can prefix long distance calls with "10777" and I never get billed...

Or is this my imagination?

[SPRINT does it's own billing now. You will not see it on your BOC phone
bill (i.e. from Pac Bell or GTE), but Sprint will probably bill you eventually
--jsol]

msmith@GAUSS.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark Smith) (05/10/87)

> From: mse@Phobos.Caltech.EDU (Martin Ewing)
> One little advantage I note to the divestiture (and all that) is that
> now I can prefix long distance calls with "10777" and I never get billed...
>
> Or is this my imagination?

Well, actually, a friend of mine did this, and he got the bill for the
calls about 7 months later, but he did get it.  Beware!

mark
--
Mark Smith                 "Happiness is a myth."
RPO 1604, CN 5063