[comp.dcom.telecom] how to get a cleaner line maybe

SPGDCM@CMSA.BERKELEY.EDU.UUCP (05/12/87)

 MSG:FROM: SPGDCM  --UCBCMSA  TO: NETWORK --NETWORK           05/11/87 19:12:07
 To: NETWORK --NETWORK  Network Address

 From:    Doug Mosher                 <SPGDCM at UCBCMSA>
 Title:   MVS/Tandem Systems Manager  (415)642-5823
 Office:  Evans 257, Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA 94720
 Subject: how to get a cleaner line maybe

 To: Telecom@xx.lcs.mit.edu

 One strategy for getting a chance at a cleaner line would be to order an
 additional line; once installed, disconnect the poorer of the two. Of course
 this is expensive but it might be preferable to a lifetime of trying to
 get a bad line fixed.

 Thanks, Doug
      how to get a cleaner line maybe

pete@tcom.stc.co.UK.UUCP (05/15/87)

In article <8705120212.AA03325@jade.berkeley.edu} SPGDCM@CMSA.BERKELEY.EDU writes:
} Title:   MVS/Tandem Systems Manager  (415)642-5823
} Office:  Evans 257, Univ. of California, Berkeley, CA 94720
}
} To: Telecom@xx.lcs.mit.edu
}
} One strategy for getting a chance at a cleaner line would be to order an
} additional line; once installed, disconnect the poorer of the two. Of course
} this is expensive but it might be preferable to a lifetime of trying to
} get a bad line fixed.
}

        This is absolutely insane!!! Are you seriously suggesting
        that one should *reward* the telephone company for providing
        a rotten service by paying them for another line?

        And what if the new line is worse than the old one???

        I hope you have a good investment adviser!

        I think I missed the :-)
--
	Peter Kendell <pete@tcom.stc.co.uk>

	'Have you no idea of development, of progress?'
	'I have seen both in an egg. We call it Going Bad in Narnia.'