[comp.dcom.telecom] Sprint mistakes

samho@UMPQUA.CS.WASHINGTON.EDU (Sam Ho) (10/02/87)

We also got a letter stating that 950-0777 service would be shut off
immediately, since Dial 1 service was now available, and to just dial
1+ phone number to automatically route calls to Sprint.  Unfortunately
for Sprint, our primary LD carrier is MCI, and 1+ calls do indeed go to
MCI.  It looks like Sprint sent out those letters to a lot of people
who shouldn't have got them.

msmith@TOPAZ.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark Robert Smith) (10/07/87)

In article <8710021937.AA02352@umpqua.cs.washington.edu> samho@UMPQUA.CS.WASHINGTON.EDU (Sam Ho) writes:

> We also got a letter stating that 950-0777 service would be shut off
> immediately, since Dial 1 service was now available, and to just dial
> 1+ phone number to automatically route calls to Sprint.  Unfortunately
> for Sprint, our primary LD carrier is MCI, and 1+ calls do indeed go to
> MCI.  It looks like Sprint sent out those letters to a lot of people
> who shouldn't have got them.

Yes, but if you have an account set up, (and even if you don't) calls
prefixed with 10777 1+AC+# will go on Sprint in all areas with Dial 1
service, and therefore 950-0777 is unnecessary except for calling card
like service.
Mark
--
Mark Smith (alias Smitty) "Be careful when looking into the distance,
RPO 1604, CN 5063        that you do not miss what is right under your nose."

rkh@mtune.att.COM (Robert Halloran) (10/09/87)

In article <15381@topaz.rutgers.edu> msmith@TOPAZ.RUTGERS.EDU (Mark Robert Smith) writes:
>Yes, but if you have an account set up, (and even if you don't) calls
>prefixed with 10777 1+AC+# will go on Sprint in all areas with Dial 1
>service, and therefore 950-0777 is unnecessary except for calling card
>like service.

I tried 10777 after we went to equal access and failed; turns up you need
to use 10333 + ....

						Bob Halloran
UUCP: {ATT-ACC, rutgers}!mtune!rkh		home ph: (201)251-7514
Internet: rkh@mtune.ATT.COM				   evenings ET
USPS: 19 Culver Ct, Old Bridge NJ 08857
Disclaimer: I am a contractor.  Any opinions stated or implied are solely
	MINE, NOT my agency's, NOT my client's.  Got it?!
Quote: "History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the Dark." -
		Dr. Lizardo/John Whorfin, "Buckaroo Banzai"