[comp.dcom.telecom] Recording conversations

MYERSTON@KL.SRI.COM (HECTOR MYERSTON) (10/20/87)

g-inners@gumby.wisc.edu (Michael Inners) writes (quoting Ameritech):

>"If your conversation is being recorded for business or other reasons,
>one of the following MUST apply:
>
>All parties to the conversation must give their prior consent to the
>recording of the conversation and the prior consent must be obtained in
>writing or be part of and obtained at the start of the recording..."

Patently BS.  Neither Voice Store and Forward Systems or, for that
matter, home answering machines obtain consent in writing or make the
consent "part of " the recording.  I guess you give implied consent by
not hanging up :-).

+HECTOR+
-------