[comp.dcom.telecom] [patth@dasys1.UUCP: US Sprint Rebuttal

henry@GARP.MIT.EDU (Henry Mensch) (02/18/88)

From: patth@dasys1.UUCP (Patt Haring)
Newsgroups: misc.consumers
Subject: Re: US Sprint rebuttal
Date: 16 Feb 88 14:54:01 GMT

I received this *NOTICE* from Manufacturers Hanover's Excel
Customer Service Manager:

February 5, 1988

From:  EXCEL Customer Service

Dear EXCEL Customer:

Our records indicate that US SPRINT is included as a payee on
your EXCEL account.

We have been experiencing major bill payment problems with
this company over the past year.  Despite repeated efforts on
our part, US SPRINT has been unable to process payments in a
timely fashion.  In addition, they have been unable to
investigate and adjust unposted payments in an acceptable
time frame.  The problems within US SPRINT are widely known
throughout the business community and have been reported in
several major national publications.

As US SPRINT has failed to successfully address its internal
operating problems over an extended period, we have no choice
but to delete them as an EXCEL merchant effective March 1st.
Any payments to US SPRINT scheduled after February 29, 1988,
will not be processed.  Please review your Pending Payments
records and make note of this cut-off date.

Please be assured that our policy will continue to be to
provide bill payment ability to the widest market possible.
Should conditions at US SPRINT improve, we will consider
reinstating them as an EXCEL merchant at a future date.

Very truly yours,

[Bad eough *I* don't want to deal with US SPRINT - now my
 bank doesn't want to deal with them either!]

--
Patt Haring                 {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat Public Access Unix (212) 879-9031 - System Operator

Three aspects of wisdom:  intelligence, justice & kindness.