[comp.dcom.telecom] Mitsubishi Cellular Phone

ccoprrd@PYR.GATECH.EDU (Richard Dervan) (03/05/88)

Has anyone had any experience with Mitsubishi Cellular phones?  I got a
flyer from Amex today offering me one for $95/month for 24 months.
This is the phone and portable pack.  They also do the initial start-up with
Bell South Mobility.  Any info on these phones is appreciated.
-Richard
| Richard B Dervan                     BitNet: ccoprrd@gitvm1             |
| Office of Computing Services         ARPA  : ccoprrd@pyr.gatech.edu     |
| Georgia Institute of Technology      CIS   : 70365,1012                 |
| Atlanta, Ga 30332                    MCI   : RDERVAN                    |
|   uucp: ...!{akgua,allegra,hplabs,ihnp4,seismo}!gatech!gitpyr!ccoprrd   |
|__________________"We don't fit the mold...we build it"__________________|

dalesys@lamont.Columbia.EDU (dale chayes) (03/10/88)

In article <5132@pyr.gatech.EDU>, ccoprrd@PYR.GATECH.EDU (Richard Dervan) writes:

> Has anyone had any experience with Mitsubishi Cellular phones?  I got a
> flyer from Amex today offering me one for $95/month for 24 months.

I have no personal experience with the Mitsubishi, but we have a Panasonic
portable that we have been using since the middle of the summer with no
complaints.

Ignoring the interest, you are going to pay about $2,300 to ammex. We paid
about $1,700 for the Panasonic which included registration and all that.

Beware that the real cost is in the monthly bills. Check out the different
options before you decide on the type of service (rate) you sign up for.

If you are on the road all day, and make lots of 9-5 calls, you can buy
a block of time per month deal. If you live on your boat, you can get
a cheaper after 7pm to 7am deal.

It is a relatively fluid market: THE BUYER HAD BEST BEWARE.

--
Dale Chayes Lamont-Doherty Geological Observatory of Columbia University
usmail: Route 9W, Palisades, N.Y.  10964