[comp.dcom.telecom] an interesting license plate...

harriss@market.Alliant.COM (Martin Harriss) (09/02/88)

While driving home from work the other night on route 287 in New Jersey,
I noticed the following New York state license plate:

	C CRUNCH

Anyone on this list claim ownership?  or perhaps it was just a cerial
company executive :-)

Martin Harriss
alliant!harriss

childers@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Richard Childers) (09/07/88)

In article <telecom-v08i0138m06@vector.UUCP> harriss@market.Alliant.COM (Martin Harriss) writes:

>While driving home from work the other night on route 287 in New Jersey,
>I noticed the following New York state license plate:
>
>	C CRUNCH

That person may be *claiming* to be 'the' Captain Crunch, but I am certain that
the individual in question - *the* Captain Crunch - lives in the East Bay of
The San Francisco Bay Area and is reachable occasionally at well!crunch. He's
one of the individuals whom introduced me to UNIX, as a matter of fact ...

-- richard

--
  "The leach's kiss, the squid's embrace,   ..!{amdahl,ames,oliveb,pacbell}!
   The prurient ape's defiling touch:        childers@chaos.unet.pacbell.COM

jim@decwrl.dec.com (Jim Becker) (09/10/88)

>>      C CRUNCH
>>

> That person may be *claiming* to be 'the' Captain Crunch, but I am certain that
> the individual in question - *the* Captain Crunch - lives in the East Bay of
> The San Francisco Bay Area
>
> -- richard

        The original Capt'n Crunch is John Draper, who lives in the
East Bay.  He has had a low profile lately (some legal troubles of
magnitude), and there is very little chance that this is him. Last I
heard he still was trying to get his 60s VW bus running... I doubt
that he would be on the other coast and in a new car.

-Jim Becker