[comp.dcom.telecom] RJ 45 Wall Mount

len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) (10/06/88)

Hi..

 I am looking for a source of RJ45 wall mount receptacles.
 We are installing some data terminals in a new building and I
 want to prewire using 8 conductor cable and RJ45 wall connectors.

 Thanks for any info

Len

roy@phri (Roy Smith) (10/10/88)

len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:
> I am looking for a source of RJ45 wall mount receptacles.  We are installing
> some data terminals in a new building and I want to prewire using 8
> conductor cable and RJ45 wall connectors.

	Mod-Tap is a big player in this field, making every imaginable sort
of modular wiring gizmo for data lines, including RS-232 to RJ-11/RJ-45
adapters, punchdown blocks, and cabling.  Our local distributor is Glasgal,
in Northvale, NJ.
--
Roy Smith, System Administrator
Public Health Research Institute

steve@ivucsb.UUCP (Steve Lemke <steve>) (10/15/88)

In article <telecom-v08i0154m02@vector.UUCP> len@netsys.COM (Len Rose) writes:

> I am looking for a source of RJ45 wall mount receptacles.
> We are installing some data terminals in a new building and I
> want to prewire using 8 conductor cable and RJ45 wall connectors.

You might call ORA Electronics at (800) 423-5336.  They carry flush mount
8 pin wall jacks (both single and double on a plate).  They also have surface
mount 8 pin jacks, and lots of other phone, cable tv, computer, and cellular
phone accessories.  They are a wholesaler, meaning they sell to resellers as
opposed to end users (but if you're a business you can probably get their
catalog anyway - it's really a cool catalog).  Hope this helps.

----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: steve@ivucsb.UUCP; lemke@apple.COM   AppleLink:  LEMKE
----- uucp:     pyramid!comdesign!ivucsb!steve       CompuServe: 73627,570
----- alt.uucp: {decwrl!}sun!apple!lemke             GEnie:      S.Lemke