[comp.dcom.telecom] Misc Cellular, was Roamer Validation

jshelton@ames.arc.nasa.gov (John L. Shelton) (11/03/88)

In article <telecom-v08i0166m07@vector.UUCP> covert%covert.DEC@decwrl.dec.com (John R. Covert) writes:

>Random side note:  It's legitimate for one ESN to have multiple MINs, but a
>MIN may have one and only one ESN.  Thus you can have a phone which supports
>multiple numbers/systems, but you can't have the same number programmed into
>more than one phone.

Why is it not legitimate to have two phones with the same phone
number?  I would very much like to add a second mobile phone (for my
wife) but am unwilling to spend the extra monthly charge.

Random question:  What are current cellular rates around the country?
In SF Bay area, wireline, I can choose:

Plan A:  45c/min day, 20c/min night/wknd  $45/month
Plan B:  90c/min day, 20c/min night/wknd  $25/month

Plan B was introduced 6 months ago.  Otherwise, there has been no
change in rates since service began 3 years ago.

=John=