[comp.dcom.telecom] Telephone dialing devices

CHRIS%BROWNVM@buacca.BU.EDU (Christopher Chung) (11/16/88)

Does anyone know of a device that can be hooked up to an alarm system
and dial any number that you program in when the alarm is triggered.
I remember seeing these things a long time ago when I wasn't looking for
one but now I can't see to find them anymore.  There are several out there
such as the one by Black & Decker but that is only programmed to dial
the Black & Decker phone number.  I want one that will be able to
dial any number.  Do these things still exist?

Thanks,
Chris

cskev@vector.uucp (Kevin Slater) (11/19/88)

In article <telecom-v08i0180m07@vector.UUCP>, CHRIS%BROWNVM@buacca.BU.EDU (Christopher Chung) writes:
> Does anyone know of a device that can be hooked up to an alarm system
> and dial any number that you program in when the alarm is triggered.
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Chris Radio Shack sell a telephone caller that can be programed with up
to three numbers.  When it reaches a number it will play back your
pre-recorded message.  Although you will have to call the Police, Fire,
etc. {if thats who you want to call} to find out if its legal to call
them.  Its not legal to call these places, in some cities, with an
auto-dialer. Radio Shack has their 89 catalog out now I would suggest
going and picking one up to find the lastest prices.

Kevin Slater  cskev@mtsu.uucp