[comp.dcom.telecom] Why Technical People Won't Help

john@apple.com (John Higdon) (12/24/88)

On Dec 21 at  9:06, Miguel_Cruz@ub.cc.umich.edu writes:

> John Higdon: as a "wanabee" and "jargon speaker" who admittedly has
> no right to speak to technical people at the phone company, may I just
> take this opportunity to express my appreciation for your constructive
> message.
>
> Also: this has bothered me for the longest time.. We have an NT DMS-100
> (or something) switch here with an incredibly annoying feature: touch
> [...]
> who work with it (But then again, J.H., I don't "deserve" to...).  Now,

Sorry, my comments were not intended as a personal attack, but Mr. Cruz
himself has illustrated my point. It would first be very helpful to
*know* what the switch in question is. If you don't know that for sure,
it's an iron-clad cinch that no one in the technical dept. will be
interested in discussing the matter.

Second, this is a very unusual problem and is not  known to occur on
any of the DMS switches. Mr. Cruz, if you can reveal the area code and
prefix of the line involved, I would be very happy to tell you exactly
what the equipment is, the generic being run, and how many prefixes are
served by it.

--
John Higdon
john@zygot   ..sun!{apple|cohesive|pacbell}!zygot!john