[comp.dcom.telecom] NJ Bell CLASS Services

judice%kyoa.DEC@decwrl.dec.com (L Judice / 201-562-4103 / DTN 323-4103) (12/19/88)

I called the 1-800-772-2184 number to see if CLASS services were available
in my exchange. Not yet, and no schedule, but "a new exchange is being
added every month".

This seems slow to me, since I was under the impression that CLASS
was implemented in software on existing ESS switches... Any NJ Bell
folks out there have a schedule, or currently operating exchanges?

/ljj

wes@uunet.UU.NET (Barnacle Wes) (01/02/89)

In article <telecom-v08i0205m03@vector.UUCP>, judice%kyoa.DEC@decwrl.dec.com (L Judice / 201-562-4103 / DTN 323-4103) writes:
> This seems slow to me, since I was under the impression that CLASS
> was implemented in software on existing ESS switches... Any NJ Bell
> folks out there have a schedule, or currently operating exchanges?

I thought the CLASS services were being implemented on newly installed
GTD-5s!  Can any AT&T employees confirm or deny this?

Wes Peters	GTE Electronic Systems & Services	:-) :-)
--
                          Signature?  What Signature?
                      Oops, I left my .signature on Obie!