[comp.dcom.telecom] Remote Call Forwarding Manipulation

DMG4449%RITVAX.BITNET@CORNELLC.ccs.cornell.edu (01/05/89)

Is there a relatively inexpensive device I could buy to attach to a standard
RJ11 telephone line which has both 3-way, and telco call forwarding as well as
the fact that there is another line in the house which would allow me to
remotely control call forwarding.  I would want to be able to activate,
deactivate, and change the number it forwards to, but of course security is
important.  Does such an inexpensive beast exist???

Thanks,

Daniel
US MAIL    : CPU #1026  25 Andrews Memorial Dr.  Rochester, NY  14623      |
BITNET     : DMG4449@RITVAX | AppleLink : DanielGr                         |
INTERNET   : dmg4449%ritvax.bitnet@CORNELLC.CCS.CORNELL.EDU                |
UUCP       : {psuvax1,mcvax}!ritvax.bitnet!dmg4449                         |
Compuserve : 71641,1311     | GEnie : D.GREENBERG2 | PHONE : [716] 475-4295|

phaedrus@uunet.UU.NET (james hartman) (01/10/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0004m03@vector.UUCP>, DMG4449%RITVAX.BITNET@CORNELLC.ccs.cornell.edu writes:
> Is there a relatively inexpensive device I could buy to attach to a standard
> RJ11 telephone line which has both 3-way, and telco call forwarding as well as
> the fact that there is another line in the house which would allow me to
> remotely control call forwarding.  I would want to be able to activate,
> deactivate, and change the number it forwards to, but of course security is
> important.  Does such an inexpensive beast exist???

Uh, what about your computer?  Write/adapt a demon to wake up at certain times
and change the number forwarded, or set up an option as part of a dial-in
program.  After all, what else does your computer have to do when you're
not around to keep it busy?

--
         Zaphod: "It doesn't look like any kind of vortex to me."
               Gargravarr: "It isn't.  It's just the lift."