[comp.dcom.telecom] Touch Tone in Hong Kong

ho@buengc.BU.EDU (shun E. Ho) (01/11/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0003m04@vector.UUCP> "hugh_davies.WGC1RX"@Xerox.COM writes:
>I rang the local British Telecom telephone sales office to enquire if the
>new exchange (a TXE4A, I believe - judging by its inability to provide
>dialtone on offhook in about 50% of occasions) in the St.Albans (where I
>live) supported TouchTone dialling. The person I spoke to said, and I
>quote, "What's TouchTone dialling?". Sigh.

As of last summer, the tiny British continent of Hong Kong has TouchTone
service in at least one of the central business districts.  Telephone services
in HK are provided by Hong Kong Telephone, a subsidiary of the Cable and
Wireless Group of Britain.

-  Yue-shun