[comp.dcom.telecom] Info on Cellular Telephones

dauksa@ecf.toronto.edu (Linas P Dauksa) (01/31/89)

I am preparing a presentation on Cellular Telephones and am having difficulty   finding technical information on the subject. The purpose of my presentation
is to explain to a "layman" how a cellular telephone and the cellular network
function. I would appretiate any references to books or periodicals that
may be out there. Any information would be greatly appretiated.

dave@rutgers.edu (Dave Levenson) (02/03/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0039m05@vector.UUCP>, dauksa@ecf.toronto.edu (Linas P Dauksa) writes:
> I am preparing a presentation on Cellular Telephones and am having difficulty   finding technical information on the subject. The purpose of my presentation
> is to explain to a "layman" how a cellular telephone and the cellular network
> function. I would appretiate any references to books or periodicals that
> may be out there. Any information would be greatly appretiated.

The Bell System Technical Journal (now called AT&T Technical
Journal) Vol 58, No 1, Part 3, January 1979, is an entire issue
devoted to Cellular Telephony - then known as AMPS (Advanced Mobile
Phone Service).  It explains the theory, the development history,
the initial service tests, and the hardware.  This volume is
probably orderable from:

	The AT&T Customer Information Center  1-800-432-6600

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney