[comp.dcom.telecom] A Modest Proposal

MYERSTON@KL.SRI.COM (HECTOR MYERSTON) (02/02/89)

	It seems to me that:

	(1) Many people want to use AT&T Calling Cards from various
            places but cannot
	(2) AT&T is losing revenue because of (1)

	It does not take an MBA to figure out that it would be the
advantage of both frustrated users and AT&T if a universal,
non-blockable means of dialing an AT&T operator existed.  How?,
a Local Exchange Number ala FG A?, a 950- FG-D number?,  800 ?,
900?. ??????

	The problem is not just that some AOS are crooks, it is also
that AT&T is as imaginative in its services as the water company.

-------

ilya@polya.stanford.edu (Ilya Goldberg) (02/09/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0042m05@vector.UUCP> MYERSTON@KL.SRI.COM (HECTOR MYERSTON) writes:

>	(1) Many people want to use AT&T Calling Cards from various
>            places but cannot

>	It does not take an MBA to figure out that it would be the
>advantage of both frustrated users and AT&T if a universal,
>non-blockable means of dialing an AT&T operator existed.

I can see it now: "AT & T USA Direct service, now available IN the
United States."

Oh yes, and prepended by the obligatory "For YOUR convinience..."

Ilya Goldberg

ilya@polya.stanford.edu