[comp.dcom.telecom] Help please - acronyms and resources SECOND REQUEST

chip@vector.dallas.tx.us (Chip Rosenthal) (04/09/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0105m01@vector.UUCP> I write:
>I would like to compile a list of acronyms and resources for TELECOM
>readers, and I solicit your help.

This is the second (and final) call for your inputs.  I have received
some good responses so far, but I'm sure many other folks could provide
additional pointers.  Please take a moment to read this through and drop
me a note.  Here is what's needed:

    books, magazines, journals, catalogs, etc.
    ====== ========== ========= ========= ====

First and foremost, I need your suggestions for telecom resources.  If
you know of any such things which might help TELECOM readers, please take
a moment and send me a note.  If possible, please include author, publisher,
subscription info, etc. as appropriate.  Also, your subjective comments
are very welcome.

    glossary of terms and acronyms
    ======== == ===== === ========

This is required to a lesser extent.  The goal here isn't to provide a
comprehensive index of terms, but rather to just explain some of the
commonly used lingo to help out new TELECOM readers.  If you have a handful
of items which you believe should be listed, send 'em in.  But also send
in your book/magazine/etc. references at the same time -- that's what I
need the most.

If you responded to my first request -- my thanks.  If you did not receive
a mailed response from me, then I didn't get your message.  Please try
again.  I will compile the list in about two weeks.  Stay tuned...

--
Chip Rosenthal / chip@vector.Dallas.TX.US / Dallas Semiconductor / 214-450-5337

desnoyer@apple.com (Peter Desnoyers) (04/11/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0130m06@vector.dallas.tx.us> chip@vector.dallas.tx.us
writes:

>In article <telecom-v09i0105m01@vector.UUCP> I write:
>>I would like to compile a list of acronyms and resources for TELECOM
>>readers, and I solicit your help.

At home I have a copy of a SIGCOMM article from about a year or two ago
that has a list of telecom and data network acronyms. I'll try to get
the reference.

				Peter Desnoyers