>To: !atthelp:news/NODELIVERY/FORMAT=BUSINESS/NORECEIPT/ELECTRONIC/STANDARD/
From: !atthelp (AT&T Customer Assistance )
Date: Mon May  8 15:03:19 EDT 1989
Phone: +1 800 624 5672
Subject: X.400 Interconnections

AT&T is announcing six new X.400 interconnections between AT&T Mail and
electronic mail services in the U.S., Korea, Sweden, Australia, and
Finland.

In the U.S., AT&T Mail is now interconnected with Telenet Communications
Corporation's service, Telemail, allowing users of both services to exchange
messages easily.

With the addition of these interconnections, the AT&T Mail Gateway400
Service allows AT&T Mail subscribers to exchange messages with users of the
following electronic messaging systems:

Company         E-Mail Name*            Country           Available
-------         ------------            -------           ---------

TeleDelta       TeDe 400                Sweden            May 1, 1989
OTC             MPS400                  Australia         May 15, 1989
Telecom-Canada  Envoy100                Canada              NOW
DACOM           DACOM MHS               Korea             June 1, 1989
P&T-Tele        MailNet 400             Finland           June 1, 1989
Helsinki        ELISA                   Finland           June 1, 1989
  Telephone Co.
Dialcom          Dialcom                  USA                 NOW
Telenet          Telemail                 USA              May 1, 1989
KDD              Messavia               Japan                  NOW
Transpac         ATLAS400               France                 NOW

The interconnections are based on the X.400 standard, a set of guidelines for
the format, delivery and receipt of electronic messages recommended by an
international standards committee the CCITT.

This announcement is another example of how AT&T's support of the X.400
standard to link e-mail systems will benefit our customers.

International X.400 messages incur a surcharge.  They are:

                To Canada:
                   Per note:            $.05
                   Per message unit:    $.10

                To other international locations:
                   Per note:            $.20
                   Per message unit:    $.50

There is no surcharge for X.400 messages within the U.S.

TeDe 400 is a registered trademark of Teledelta
MPS400 is a registered trademark of OTC
DACOM MHS is a registered trademark of DACOM
MailNet 400 is a registered trademark of P&T-Tele
ELISA is a registered trademark of Helsinki Telephone Co.
Telemail is a registered trademark of Telenet Communications Corp.
Messavia is a registered trademark of KDD
ATLAS400 is a registered trademark of Transpac

        MHS Gateway: mhs!atlas
        Administrator: Bernard  Tardieu
        Transpac
        Phone: 3399283203

        MHS Gateway: mhs!dacom
        Administrator: Bob  Nicholson
        AT&T
        Morristown, NJ 07960
        Phone: +1 201 644 1838

        MHS Gateway: mhs!dialcom
        Administrator: Mr  Laraman
        Dialcom
        South Plainfield, NJ 07080
        Phone: +1 441 493 3843

        MHS Gateway: mhs!elisa
        Administrator: Ulla  Karajalainen
        Nokia Data
        Phone: 011358043761

        MHS Gateway: mhs!envoy
        Administrator: Kin C Ma
        Telecom Canada
        Phone: +1 613 567 7584

        MHS Gateway: mhs!kdd
        Administrator: Shigeo  Lwase
        Kokusai Denshin Denwa CO.
        Phone: 8133477419

        MHS Gateway: mhs!mailnet
        Administrator: Kari  Aakala
        Gen Directorate Of Post &
        Phone: 35806921730

        MHS Gateway: mhs!otc
        Administrator: Gary W Krumbine
        AT&T Information Systems
        Lincroft, NJ 07738
        Phone: +1 201 576 2658

        MHS Gateway: mhs!telemail
        Administrator: Jim  Kelsay
        GTE Telenet Comm Corp
        Reston, VA 22096
        Phone: +1 703 689 6034

        MHS Gateway: mhs
        Administrator: AT&T Mail MHS Gateway
        AT&T
        Lincroft, NJ 08838
        Phone: +1 800 624 5672

====================================

BTW, connections with MCI Mail, CompuServe, Source (etc.) subscribers are
probably best made via <telex!> (both ways).

                                    -- Fred

ARPA/Internet:  FLINTON@eagle.Wesleyan.EDU
Bitnet:         FLINTON%eagle@WESLEYAN[.bitnet]
 from uucp:      ...!{research, mtune!arpa, uunet}!eagle.Wesleyan.EDU!FLinton
on ATT-Mail:    !fejlinton
Tel.:           + 1 203 776 2210 (home)  OR  + 1 203 347 9411 xt 2249 (work)
Telex:          <USA> + 15 122 3413   FEJLINTON
CompuServe ID:  72037,1054
F-Net (guest):  linton@inria.inria.fr    OR    ...!inria.inria.fr!linton

cmoore@brl.mil (VLD/VMB) (06/09/89)

I am also notifying telecom-request in case the archives need to be corrected.
You mentioned Lincroft, NJ in 2 places in your message.  The 2nd occurrence
had zipcode 08838, which should be 07738.

And where is the phone number shown here:
        MHS Gateway: mhs!dialcom
        Administrator: Mr  Laraman
        Dialcom
        South Plainfield, NJ 07080
        Phone: +1 441 493 3843

FLINTON@eagle.wesleyan.edu (Fred E.J. Linton) (06/09/89)

You point out, quite correctly, some problems with zip and area codes in
the AT&T Mail X.400 connection data I recently forwarded to TELECOM:

>>I am also notifying telecom-request in case the archives need to be corrected

>>You mentioned Lincroft, NJ in 2 places in your message.  The 2nd occurrence
>>had zipcode 08838, which should be 07738.

>>And where is the phone number shown here:
>>        MHS Gateway: mhs!dialcom
>>        Administrator: Mr  Laraman
>>        Dialcom
>>        South Plainfield, NJ 07080
>>        Phone: +1 441 493 3843

What I forwarded to TELECOM came straight out of the ATT-Mail "shared file"
!atthelp:news.5 and the ATT-Mail lookup facility DIR[ectory] -- that 441
area code is so obviously wrong that I called ATT-Mail's Customer Assistance
folks several times to get it straight (at 1 800 624 5672, voice line), but
no one I spoke with could help.  Sorry about that.  The zip code disparity
you observed and corrected I never noticed at all -- mea culpa; and thanks.

                        -- Fred

sp@pro-palace.cts.com (Sten Peeters) (06/11/89)

Were those all the countries with services like that? I happen to know that
there are several Telenet services in almost all the western european
countries.
|                       Sten Peeters(sp@pro-palace)                      |
|         Co-Sysop@The Psychedelic Deli 215\678-5741 2400/1200/300       |