[comp.dcom.telecom] Rate Tables Wanted

timk@egvideo.uucp (Tim Kuehn) (07/07/89)

I'm looking for a source of Ma-Bell telecom rates from a given exchange
to *any* or as many other exchanges that I can get my hands on. I know that
such creatures exist since the office complex I'm in has a system that
uses this information to bill back all these long-distance phone calls
to me. (But they won't share their sources(s) with me... sigh.)

Anybody know where I can find this kind of information?

|Timothy D. Kuehn				       timk@egvideo           |
|TDK Consulting Services			       !watmath!egvideo!timk  |
|871 Victoria St. North, Suite 217A					      |
|Kitchener, Ontario, Canada N2B 3S4 		       (519)-741-3623 	      |
|DOS/Xenix - SW/HW. uC, uP, DBMS. 		       Satisfaction Gauranteed|

pdg@chinet.chi.il.us (Paul Guthrie) (07/10/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0227m06@vector.dallas.tx.us> timk@egvideo.UUCP (Tim
Kuehn) writes:
>I'm looking for a source of Ma-Bell telecom rates from a given exchange
>to *any* or as many other exchanges that I can get my hands on. I know that
>such creatures exist since the office complex I'm in has a system that
>uses this information to bill back all these long-distance phone calls
>to me. (But they won't share their sources(s) with me... sigh.)

Are you sure they don't just get detailed billing tapes back from your
CO operator?

Anyway, this information comes from FCC tariff number 5.  This at least
contains intra and inter lata/state (yes there is such a thing as intra-lata
inter state calls) mileage bands for (last I checked) ATT, MCI and Sprint.
I don't recall seeing  things like the reach-out-America plan in there,
but then again I wasn't looking for that.  To calculate the mileage bands
you need a V&H tape.  Both of these are available from Bellcore, at no
small cost.  Oh, you also need software to drive these, taking things like
rate corridors, taxes, discount periods, volume discounts, etc into
account.  Ie, rating calls accurately is not easy.

--
Paul Guthrie
chinet!nsacray!paul