[comp.dcom.telecom] Multi-function phone device?

wmartin@st-louis-emh2.army.mil (Will Martin) (07/13/89)

>From: Mike Morris <morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov>
>Subject: Demon Dialers (was: Speed Dialing)
>memory gets zapped by an incoming call (ring voltage?).  The transformer
>(wall-plug-power-cube) is buzzy - we had to move the device into the basement
>as it kept my wife away when it was behind the curtain in the living room,
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                    ^^^^
I know some people who would pay a lot for such a device... :-) :-) :-)

Regards, Will

PS I think the poster meant "awake" instead of "away", right?... WM :-)

morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov (Mike Morris) (07/16/89)

(Will Martin) writes:

>>From: Mike Morris <morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov>
>>Subject: Demon Dialers (was: Speed Dialing)
>>memory gets zapped by an incoming call (ring voltage?).  The transformer
>>(wall-plug-power-cube) is buzzy - we had to move the device into the basement
>>as it kept my wife away when it was behind the curtain in the living room,
>    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>                    ^^^^
>I know some people who would pay a lot for such a device... :-) :-) :-)
>
>Regards, Will
>
>PS I think the poster meant "awake" instead of "away", right?... WM :-)

Yes, that's what i get for typing late at night, and not carefully proofreading
my stuff.  It's a good thing she wasn't reading over my shoulder...

For clarification, the living room is adjcent to the bedroom, and we sleep
with the bedroom door open for air circulation.  The transformer was noisy
enough to keep a light sleeper awake.  BTW, I've got three of the demon-
dialers, only one had a buzzy trnasformer - the first one I bought.

US Snail:  Mike Morris                    UUCP: Morris@Jade.JPL.NASA.gov
           P.O. Box 1130                  Also: WA6ILQ
           Arcadia, Ca. 91006-1130
#Include disclaimer.standard     | The opinions above probably do not even