[comp.dcom.telecom] MCI and Northwest Airlines

kenj%wybbs.UUCP@mailgw.cc.umich.edu (Ken Jongsma) (07/31/89)

Do you have large MCI bills? Do you want a "free" ticket on Northwest?

According to the ticket envelope I received this week, MCI is offering
5 miles in NW's frequent flyer program for every $1 you spend on MCI.

There are some restrictions. You can only use it one free award. No
multiple awards allowed. You must have MCI as your Dial 1 carrier.

If you are interested, there was a number to call: 1-800-288-5847

Ken@cup.portal.com     {All Disclaimers apply. I use Sprint myself!}

lars@salt.acc.com (Lars J Poulsen) (08/02/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0266m02@vector.dallas.tx.us>
kenj%wybbs.UUCP@mailgw.cc.umich.edu (Ken Jongsma) writes:
>According to the ticket envelope I received this week, MCI is offering
>5 miles in NW's frequent flyer program for every $1 you spend on MCI.

>There are some restrictions. You can only use it one free award. No
>multiple awards allowed. You must have MCI as your Dial 1 carrier.

MCI is signing these agreements with all the major frequent flyer
programs. I have mine posted to AAdvantage (American Airlines).
The MCI miles are regular bonus miles, that count towards any award you
care to apply them to.

Last week, I got a promotion from Mileage Plus (United Airlines)
offering the same deal.

And MCI is NOT my dial-1 carrier. (ATT is).

/ Lars Poulsen <lars@salt.acc.com>   (800) 222-7308  or (805) 963-9431 ext 358
  ACC Customer Service              Affiliation stated for identification only
                My employer probably would not agree if he knew what I said !!

johnl@uunet.uu.net (John Levine) (08/02/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0266m02@vector.dallas.tx.us> kenj%wybbs.UUCP@mailgw.cc.umich.edu (Ken Jongsma) writes:

>MCI is offering 5 miles in Northwest's frequent flyer program for every $1
>you spend on MCI.  ...  You must have MCI as your Dial 1 carrier.
>If you are interested, there was a number to call: 1-800-288-5847

MCI has the same deal with American.  You just call the 800 number, give
them your MCI account number and your AA or NW account number, and you're
all set up.  (Only one airline allowed, I asked.)  In theory you have to
have MCI as your default carrier, but I have them as a 10222 alternate
carrier, and they didn't complain.
--
John R. Levine, Segue Software, POB 349, Cambridge MA 02238, +1 617 492 3869
{ima|lotus}!esegue!johnl, johnl@ima.isc.com, Levine@YALE.something