[comp.dcom.telecom] DTMF Layout In Ireland

ch%maths.tcd.ie@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Charles Bryant) (08/06/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0273m08@vector.dallas.tx.us> mcvax!cgch!wtho@uunet.uu.
net (Tom Hofmann) writes:
>An other apparently not standardized feature is the keypad layout of
>push-button phones.

In Ireland one layout is *required* if equipment is to be approved (TTA1 P.80
part b)
        The arrangement of push buttons in the equipment shall be as shown in
        Table 1 in the case of manual signalling:

                1209    1336    1477    1633
        697       1       2       3       A
        770       4       5       6       B
        852       7       8       9       C
        941       *       0       #       D

        The output frequencies shall be maintained within plus-or-minus 1.5% of
        their nominal value. This tolerance shall also include the effect of
        different line impedances offered to the sender.

I have never seen a phone which has the ABCD column, and I expect that those
tones are not used. There is no extra charge for the ability to DTMF dial on a
line, but it is not yet available on all lines.
--

                Charles Bryant. (ch@dce.ie)
Working at Datacode Electronics Ltd. (Modem manufacturers)