[comp.dcom.telecom] Correction of Telco Name

TK0GRM2%NIU.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu (07/31/89)

Patrick - just to clarify a message that somebody posted about
a non-numeric phone number in Utah  (sorry I don't know who..old
digests are auto-purged after they are read).  The BOC for Utah
is Mountain Bell. (not Utah Bell).
-=->G<-=-

[Moderator's Note: You're right. Sorry, I missed that one myself.  PT]

ellisond@ncar.ucar.edu (Dell Ellison) (08/09/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0267m08@vector.dallas.tx.us>, TK0GRM2%NIU.BITNET@uicvm.uic.edu writes:
> Patrick - just to clarify a message that somebody posted about
> a non-numeric phone number in Utah  (sorry I don't know who..old
> digests are auto-purged after they are read).  The BOC for Utah
> is Mountain Bell. (not Utah Bell).
> -=->G<-=-
>
> [Moderator's Note: You're right. Sorry, I missed that one myself.  PT]

I don't know.
I thought that Mountain Bell is now going by the parent name of U.S. West?

[Moderator's Note: Well, that too. But Mountain Bell is the way the customers
think of it, I imagine. We here in Chicago are variously known as Ameritech
or Illinois Bell, depending on who you ask. If you ask David Tamkin, of
course he would say Centel, since they have that one little dinky corner
of Chicago, along with Park Ridge and Des Plaines, IL.   PT]

roberts@uswest.com (Terry Roberts) (08/10/89)

>> The BOC for Utah is Mountain Bell. (not Utah Bell).

>I thought that Mountain Bell is now going by the parent name of U.S.
West?

Getting closer...

The three BOCs in the U S WEST territory merged about a year ago and
adopted the collective name "U S WEST Communications".	Some people may
still use the name Mountain Bell informally, but it doesn't officially
exist anymore.	(Which is different from Patrick's situation, Illinois
Bell still being a distinct subsidiary of Ameritech.)

-Terry Roberts
roberts@uswest.com