[comp.dcom.telecom] AT&T Manuals Wanted

gmw1@cunixd.cc.columbia.edu (Gabe M Wiener) (08/10/89)

Does anyone know of a source for AT&T manuals?  I'd love to have a gander at
the reference books the long-distance operators use.  I'm sure AT&T keeps those
under tight security for fear of phone phreaks and whatever, but is there any
source?

-G

P.S.  Wasn't it all so much easier before 1984? :-)

morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov (Mike Morris) (08/11/89)

(Gabe M Wiener) writes:
>Does anyone know of a source for AT&T manuals?  I'd love to have a gander at
>the reference books the long-distance operators use. I'm sure AT&T keeps those
>under tight security for fear of phone phreaks and whatever, but is there any
>source?

I second the question!  I have Vols II and III of the July 1980 "Key Systems
Service Manual", and would like to purchase volume 1 (the one with all the
info on the instruments themselves - I've got a few phones I need to modify).

And where do you get the center-tapped (!) 10v ni-cad batteries for the
Touch-A-Matic autodialer telephones?  and the 1-button speakerphone accesory
circuit board?

Mike Morris
UUCP: Morris@Jade.JPL.NASA.gov
#Include quote.cute.standard   | The opinions above probably do not even come
cat flames.all > /dev/null     | close to those of my employer(s), if any.

veach@ihlpm.att.com (Michael T Veach) (08/12/89)

>Does anyone know of a source for AT&T manuals?

The general public may order AT&T manuals thru:

AT&T Customer Information Center (CIC)
Attn: Customer Service Representative
P.O.Box 19901
Indianapolis, IN 46219
U.S.A.

(800) 432-6600 (USA)
(800) 255-1242 (Canada)
(317) 352-8557 (Outside USA & Canada)

A few manuals have restricted distribution but most are unrestricted.

Most manuals are paperback or loose-leaf, all are well done.

Be aware that many manuals are at least $100 (due to limited press run).

Major credit cards accepted for phone orders.
Check or money order made payable to AT&T for mail orders.

You MUST have the select code for what you are ordering.
Usually a 6 digit number of the form XXX-XXX.

I'll try to locate a catalog or at least a list of selected select codes
that may be of interest to readers of this newsgroup.

	Michael T. Veach
	  ihlpm!veach

dave@uunet.uu.net (Dave Levenson) (08/13/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0288m07@vector.dallas.tx.us>, morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov
(Mike Morris) writes:
> (Gabe M Wiener) writes:
> And where do you get the center-tapped (!) 10v ni-cad batteries for the
> Touch-A-Matic autodialer telephones?  and the 1-button speakerphone accesory
> circuit board?

I don't know about either the manuals or the parts specified here,
but in general, you can order AT&T documents (and software for AT&T
computer products) from:

	AT&T Customer Information Center 1-800-432-6600

You can usually order parts from:

	AT&T National Parts Sales Center 1-800-222-PART

They'll accept credit-card orders over the phone, and usually ship
within a day or so.

--
Dave Levenson                Voice: (201) 647 0900
Westmark, Inc.               Internet: dave@westmark.uu.net