[comp.dcom.telecom] Where Can I Find a Complete List of Access Codes?

r.a.a.@pro-palace.cts.com (R.A. Anonymous, Jr.) (08/05/89)

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with locating the companies that
own a few access codes.  From my area, I can use 10222 (MCI), 10288 (AT&T),
10333 (US Sprint), and 10444 (AllNet).  The codes in question are 10555
and 10999.  These both work, but I don't know who I'm going to get a bill
from...

        Rodney Amadeus Anonymous, Jr.   |       Wyomissing, PA
        pro-palace!r.a.a.               |       pro-harvest!r.a.a.
        pro-palace checked daily        |       pro-harvest checked weekly

[Moderator's Note: Some time ago, a reader posted the entire list of
10xxx codes for the United States, although some are not available in all
communities. Could someone post that list again please?   PT]

jimmy@denwa.uucp (Jim Gottlieb) (08/14/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0276m02@vector.dallas.tx.us> r.a.a.@pro-palace.cts.com (R.A. Anonymous, Jr.) writes:

>I was wondering if anyone could help me out with locating the companies that
>own a few access codes.  The codes in question are 10555
>and 10999.  These both work, but I don't know who I'm going to get a bill
>from...

10555 is Telesphere.  If your number isn't in their database, it
usually defaults to their operator.  I would be surprised if it allows
direct-dialed calls from an unknown number.

10999 is Starnet Corp.

>[Moderator's Note: Some time ago, a reader posted the entire list of
>10xxx codes for the United States, although some are not available in all
>communities. Could someone post that list again please?   PT]

The full list of 10XXX and 950-[01]XXX codes is listed in the back of
Bellcore's "Telephone Area Code Directory."  This can be ordered for
just a few dollars by calling Bellcore on (201) 669-5800.

While you're at it, order a free copy of their catalog.  It's full of
interesting-sounding publications that one can order (and would have
been thrown in jail for possessing just a few years ago).

A few select examples:

CLASS Feature: Calling Number Delivery
	This Technical Reference defines Bellcore's view of generic
	requirements for the Calling Number Delivery feature for
	residential and small business customers		$23.00

Call Waiting Deluxe Feature Requirements
	...defines...a new service known as Call Waiting Deluxe (CWD).
	CWD...allows the subscriber to specify the termination
	treatment for an incoming call during conversation with another
	party.							$25.00

	(I wonder if this is just Cancel Call Waiting or something more)

--
                              Jim Gottlieb
  E-Mail: <jimmy@denwa.uucp> or <jimmy@pic.ucla.edu> or <attmail!denwa!jimmy>