[comp.dcom.telecom] Info About 2600 Magazine

amb@cs.columbia.edu (Andrew Boardman) (08/12/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0287m07@vector.dallas.tx.us> it was written:
>Folks,
>
>    Last I heard 2600 can be reached at:
>
>	PO Box 752
>	Middle Island, NY 11953-0752
>
>    Their BBS number is: (914) 725-4060.

That particular BBS has been defunct for a year and a bit; there is however
a bunch of BBS's associated with 2600.  (Five others, I think.)  If anyone
is *really* interested I can dredge up the numbers; send me mail.

(BTW, thanks everyone for the telecom tools information.)

Andrew Boardman
amb@cs.columbia.edu
(and if you really have to, ab4@cunixc on bitnet)

amb@cs.columbia.edu (Andrew Boardman) (08/16/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0290m12@vector.dallas.tx.us> I wrote:
>[...]
>That particular BBS has been defunct for a year and a bit; there is however
>a bunch of BBS's associated with 2600.  (Five others, I think.)  If anyone
>is *really* interested I can dredge up the numbers; send me mail.

OK!  I give up!  The number of people requesting this information is getting
close to three digits and accellerating!

                   BBS's associated with 2600 magazine
                   ===================================
#1 OSUNY [defunct -- for now, anyway] near White Plains,New York  914-725-4060
#2 The Central Office                 Bedford, NY                 914-234-3260
#3 Yoyodyne                           Omaha, Nebraska             402-564-4518
#4 Beehive                            NOVA (northern VA)          703-823-6591
#5 The Switchboard                    Brooklyn, New York          718-358-9209
                                      (or was it Queens... NYC, anyway)
#6 Farmer Pete's                      Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania    412-829-2767

Now *please* stop killing my mailbox.  I won't vouch for the quality or
content, etc. etc., of any of the above, except for #1.

 Andrew Boardman             amb@cs.columbia.edu     ROLM is a four letter
(and if you really have to, ab4@cunixc on bitnet)           word.