[comp.dcom.telecom] Brother's Solution

vances@xenitec.uucp (Vance Shipley) (08/16/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0288m10@vector.dallas.tx.us> goldstein@delni.enet.dec.
com writes:

>So when he opened a new exchange near some mining camp or other such
>outpost (using Harris D-1200 PBXs as COs, btw), Ma gave him the prefix
>"234".  Gee, that's a nice one, though Art.  Until he noticed thousands
>of incompleted pegs to a vacant number.  Yep, 234-5678.

What I liked was his solution to the problem; he installed an answering
machine and started turning them into billable calls!

Vance Shipley                          uucp:  ..!{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!vances
Linton Technology - SwitchView         INTERNET:            vances@egvideo.uucp
180 Columbia Street West                            (soon)  vances@xenitec.uucp
Waterloo, Ontario
CANADA                                                      tel:  (519)746-4460
N2L 3L3                                                     fax:  (519)746-6884
# if it ain't got an interface it ain't much use!                             #