[comp.dcom.telecom] More On 234-5678

halliday@cc.ubc.ca (laura halliday) (08/21/89)

I thought I'd try and see what happened with some west coast area codes
and 234-5678, and the results are:

	(604) 234-5678	is blocked at the tandem, never getting to the
			234 exchange
	(206) 234-5678	is a non-working number at Boeing Aircraft
	(503) 234-5678	rang, but nobody answered
	(415) 234-5678	has been changed to another number
	(408) 234-5678	clicked and told me the person I wanted was out of
			the service area, after saying something about GTE
			MobileNet in San Francisco
	(818) 234-5678	said my call couldn't be completed, and referred me
			to an 800 number for assistance
	(213) 234-5678	rang, with no answer
	(619) 234-5678	is a law firm in San Diego

Apologies for those whose area codes I missed.

 ...laura

clements@bbn.com (Bob Clements) (08/22/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0314m03@vector.dallas.tx.us> halliday@cc.ubc.ca (laura
halliday) writes:

|I thought I'd try and see what happened with some west coast area codes
|and 234-5678, and the results are:

|[list of victims deleted]

|Apologies for those whose area codes I missed.

No apologies to the people you bothered with these annoyance calls for your
own amusement?

/Rcc

boottrax@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Boot Trax) (08/24/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0315m09@vector.dallas.tx.us> Bob Clements <clements@
bbn.com> writes:

>In article <telecom-v09i0314m03@vector.dallas.tx.us> halliday@cc.ubc.ca (laura
>halliday) writes:

>|I thought I'd try and see what happened with some west coast area codes
>|and 234-5678, and the results are:

>|[list of victims deleted]

>|Apologies for those whose area codes I missed.

>No apologies to the people you bothered with these annoyance calls for your
>own amusement?

>/Rcc

	I don't think apologies are in order. I receive hundreds of calls
a year with promotional computer survey devices and telemarketing firms
calling me and wasting my time.

	Telephones are a public service and should be used as such.

(( boottrax@csd4.csd.uwm.edu )) My opinions are my own, but blame anyone else))
 )) "Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make  ((
(( anarchy and disruption you trademarks, cause as much chaos & disruption   ))
 )) as possible, but don't le tthem take you alive"       - Sid Vicious     ((