[comp.dcom.telecom] Tariff Question

RTRN@snycenvm.bitnet (Tom Neiss) (08/24/89)

1. Is there a discussion list on tariffs?  Both proposed and current?

2. If there is none then I would like information on a proposed tariff by
New York Telephone which I noticed in the newspaper last evening.  These
notices are most times obscure and would like help in deciphering exactly what
it is they are proposing.
   a.  Simplified Message Desk Interface(SMDI)II
   b.  Introduction of Netowrk Reconfiguration Service

Could someone offer a better description?

Thanks,
Tom Neiss
Telecommunications Coordinator
The Research Foundation of The State University of New York
RTRN@SNYCENVM.BITNET
518-434-7200

[Moderator's Note: There is no specific discussion group on tariffs of
which I am aware. This Digest is the 'discussion list' by default. Perhaps
a reader(s) with a background in tariffs will assist you.  PT]

vances@xenitec.uucp (Vance Shipley) (08/28/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0323m02@vector.dallas.tx.us> RTRN@snycenvm.bitnet
(Tom Neiss) writes:
>notices are most times obscure and would like help in deciphering exactly what
>it is they are proposing.
>   a.  Simplified Message Desk Interface(SMDI)II
>   b.  Introduction of Netowrk Reconfiguration Service

>Could someone offer a better description?

These are both centrex features.  SMDI is an interface for a message center,
usually voice mail.  network reconfiguration service allows the customer to
dynamically assign facilities.

Vance Shipley                          uucp:  ..!{uunet!}watmath!xenitec!vances
Linton Technology - SwitchView         INTERNET:            vances@egvideo.uucp
180 Columbia Street West                            (soon)  vances@xenitec.uucp
Waterloo, Ontario
CANADA                                                      tel:  (519)746-4460
N2L 3L3                                                     fax:  (519)746-6884
# if it ain't got an interface it ain't much use!                             #