From telecom@eecs.nwu.edu Wed Aug 30 01:11:31 1989
Date:     Tue, 29 Aug 89 23:14:29 CDT
From: TELECOM Moderator <telecom@eecs.nwu.edu>
To: Rick Adams <rick@uunet.uu.net>
Subject:  Re:  Caller ID - 800 numbers

You are only looking to stir up arguments and disconent on the list with
your comments about 'misinformation' so your message will not be published.
I am under no obligation to publish personal attacks which is all you
intended.

Any person reading the message in particular
would understand that 'struggle' can easily be used to describe any
problem which exists between two organizations partly in competition with
each other and/or attempting to accomodate the billing requests of each
each other, etc.

Therefore if I said 'the telcos are struggling to adopt their procedures
to acomplish mandate 'x' of the requirements of divestiture, this would
be an acceptable use of the word.

If I said 'telco X' is struggling to combat fraud, that would be an acceptable
use of the term.

But regardless, there is no place on the telecom mailing list for personal
attacks against other readers, the moderator or anyone else. If you want
to rephrase your message to discuss your examination of your recent phone
bill, fine -- otherwise find someplace else to post.

And if you intend to keep on stirring up commotion, perchance by quoting
how you have been so greviously 'censored' on the telecom list, be sure
to quote me *exactly*:  Divergent opinions are welcome. Critical comments
about phone services and companies are welcome. Everyone gets an opinion
here. The list will *not* be disrupted however by personal attacks and
flames. You can go post in alt.flame for that.

Patrick Townson
TELECOM Digest Moderator  {Usenet: comp.dcom.telecom newsgroup}
telecom@eecs.nwu.edu    telecom-request@eecs.nwu.edu     townson@eecs.nwu.edu