[comp.dcom.telecom] A "Forgotten" CB Band...

onymouse@ames.arc.nasa.gov (John DeBert) (09/06/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0347m08@vector.dallas.tx.us>, mhw@wittsend.lbp.harris.
com (Michael H. Warfield (Mike)) says:
> In article <telecom-v09i0342m06@vector.dallas.tx.us> Edward Greenberg
> <claris! netcom!edg@ames.arc.nasa.gov> writes:
>>There are no frequencies between 1 and 30 MHz in which you can
>>transmit without a license.  .....
>
>>CB Radio doesn't need a license these days.  .....

> 	I hate to pick nits but .....

> 	CB is in the 27MHz band, which is (last I looked) somewhere between
> 1 and 30MHz.  Therefore, I would guess, you contradicted yourself.  However,
> this would be more appropriate in rec.ham-radio.

CB is not limited only to 11 meters, aka 27 MHz. Don't forget the other bands,
particularly the GMRS, aka class A band in the UHF Land Mobile Service band.

J. DeBert
onymouse@netcom.UUCP ...!apple!netcom!onymouse

[Moderator's Note: Yes, there is a CB allocation up around 430-440 megs
somewhere. It has been *years*  since I heard anything about it or bothered
to monitor it. (Never had equipment to actually use it.)    PT]