[comp.dcom.telecom] Ownership of Touch-Tone Trademark

cantor@proxy.enet.dec.com (David A. Cantor 06-Oct-1989 1609) (10/07/89)

There was discussion in the recent past about the status of the
trademark Touch-Tone.  Several people alleged that it was no longer a
trademark.

My most recent telephone bill from New England Telephone shows the
registered trademark symbol (a capital R in a circle) immediately
after the word Touch-Tone.  There isn't anything on the bill which
indicates whose registered trademark it is, though.

Dave C.

peggy@ddsw1.mcs.com (Peggy Shambo) (10/11/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0434m04@vector.dallas.tx.us> cantor@proxy.enet.dec.
com (David A. Cantor  06-Oct-1989 1609) writes:

>My most recent telephone bill from New England Telephone shows the
>registered trademark symbol (a capital R in a circle) immediately
>after the word Touch-Tone.  There isn't anything on the bill which
>indicates whose registered trademark it is, though.

British Telecom bought ownership of the Touch-Tone name after AT&T gave it
up with divestiture.  It was up for grabs, apparently, so they registered or
copyrighted or whatever it was that one does with something like that.

Peg Shambo           | Anybody know of any IDMS/ADSO positions in
peggy@ddsw1.mcs.com  | the South of England? (London, Southampton,