[comp.dcom.telecom] How Do You Complain About Call Blocking?

olsen@hx.lcs.mit.edu (James Olsen) (10/18/89)

Nomad@cup.portal.com writes:

>Nashville, TN - Tried to make a AT&T calling card call from a
>payphone in the airport.  10288 did not work, so I tried 00.  That
>got me a local operator ... she transferred me to the AT&T operator
>... I explained that I was at the airport and calling from a COCOT
>that would not accept 10288 ...  she was surprised to hear of the
>problem because "they aren't supposed to block access anymore".

I've noticed a lot of expensive call-blocking COCOT's being installed
in this area (usually replacing honest New England Tel. units).  We
all know that the goverment will do nothing about it, unless people
raise a big enough stink.

My questions are:

  To whom should we complain about call blocking?
    (The FCC and the state PUC?)

  What's the best way to make a complaint?
    (Is there some formal complaint procedure which
     will have more effect?)

Thanks.