[comp.dcom.telecom] Breakin' Up is Hard on You

mar@athena.mit.edu (10/19/89)

Someone asked about this, so I dug it out of my archives.
					-Mark

    Date: 28 Jan 84 00:55:06 EST
    From: Don <WATROUS@RUTGERS.ARPA>
    Subject: Breakin' Up is Hard on You

    "Breakin' Up is Hard on You"

    Doo doo doo down doobie doo down down,
    The deal is going down, doobie doo down down,
    The rates are going up, uppy, up, up, up,
    Breakin' up is hard on you.

    Don't take Ma Bell away from me,
    I've gotten used to monopoly,
    When they divest, then I'll be blue,
    Yes breakin' up is hard on you.

    Remember when you'd make a call,
    And you'd get through -- no sweat at all,
    Now you'll wait the whole night through,
    Cause breakin' up is hard on you.

    They say that breakin' up is hard to do,
    And so they put the screws to you,
    Don't say it's fate my friend,
    Including breakin' up,
    They're also jackin' up the rates again.

    A. T. and T.,
    Don't say goodbye,
    Don't wanna use no MCI,
    You'll pay bills out the wazoo,
    Cause breakin' up is hard on you.

    They say that breakin' up is good to do,
    But then they send six bills to you,
    Don't say it's fate my friend,
    Including breakin' up,
    They're also jackin' up the rates again.

    I beg of you, don't take my phone,
    I want to lease, don't want to own,
    Reach out and touch some other fool,
    Yes breakin' up is hard on you.

    Doo doo doo down doobie doo down down,
    The deal is going down, doobie doo down down,
    The rates are going up, uppy, up, up, up,
    Breakin' up is hard on you.

    (repeat and fade as in song)

    Written by The American Comedy Network
    (C) Copyright 1984

    If you'd like to obtain a copy of the single, call
    ACN at 203/384-9443

    (Reprinted here without permission)