[comp.dcom.telecom] Small Phone System

dtroup@uunet.uu.net (David C. Troup - Skunk Works : 2600hz) (10/17/89)

I have stumbled across a box about the size of a Telebit Trailblazer
which reads:

	TelExpand (system 1)
	R.M. Fuller Company

	The front has l.e.d.'s for...

	In use; Privacy mode; delayed response; priority response; call
	forward; pager alert; answer machine; remote access.

	The back panel has two phone jacks - wall and phone.
	a program and single/multi switch.

	And on the bottom, the sticker reads:

	TeleExpand
	Advanced features telephone system

	R.M. Fuller Company
	902 industry Drive
	Seattle, Wa
	98188

So! Anyone know how to use this? Anyone ever HEARD of  this unit?
	Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

"We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, knowin' that ain't allowed"__
        _______  _______________    |David C. Troup / Surf Rat

        _______)(______   |         |dtroup@carroll1.cc.edu : mail
   _____________________________|414-524-6809___________________________

jimmy@denwa.uucp (Jim Gottlieb) (10/19/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0457m04@vector.dallas.tx.us> carroll1!dtroup@uunet.uu.
net (David C. Troup  -  Skunk Works : 2600hz) writes:

>I have stumbled across a box about the size of a Telebit Trailblazer
>which reads:

>	TelExpand (system 1)
>	R.M. Fuller Company

>So! Anyone know how to use this? Anyone ever HEARD of  this unit?
>	Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

That's a great little unit!  I'm not familiar with all of its
features, but we use it in a mode where it answers a line and asks for
a security code.  It then allows you to enter a number and it uses
3-Way Calling on that line to conference you and that party.  We use
them to check some of our 976/900/0990 lines in distant
cities/countries since those numbers can often not be dialed from
outside.

Unfortunately, it seems that the company that manufactured them has
gone out of business and we are unable to get a hold of any more units
or find another product with the same functionality.  Any information
to the contrary would be welcomed.

                              Jim Gottlieb
  E-Mail: <jimmy@denwa.uucp> or <jimmy@pic.ucla.edu> or <attmail!denwa!jimmy>
         V-Mail: (213) 551-7702  Fax: 478-3060  The-Real-Me: 824-5454