[comp.dcom.telecom] Bell of PA Answering Service

thomas%mvac23.uucp@udel.edu (Thomas Lapp) (11/11/89)

 From the Wilmington (DE) News-Journal (w/o permission):

ANSWERS BY BELL

A new telephone call answering service, which permits callers to leave
a message if you're not home, takes messages even when your phone is
busy, and requires no equipment purchase, has become available for
Philadelphia residents.  Bell of Pennsylvania is introducing Answer
Call, giving touch- tone telephone users voice-message capabilities.
Customers can check their voice "mailbox" by dialing a special access
number and their personal password.

Any telecom readers use this service provided by Bell of PA?  Comments?

                         - tom

internet     : mvac23!thomas@udel.edu  or  thomas%mvac23@udel.edu
uucp         : {ucbvax,mcvax,psuvax1,uunet}!udel!mvac23!thomas
Europe Bitnet: THOMAS1@GRATHUN1
Location: Newark, DE, USA
Quote   : Virtual Address eXtension.  Is that like a 9-digit zip code?

[Moderator's Note: Here in Chicago, Centel offers voicemail, for $4.95
per month. Illinois Bell offers it on an experimental basis only in
the Summit CO, but is scheduled to expand it in the next several
months. PT]

wagnere@ncar.ucar.edu (Eric Wagner) (11/14/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0505m02@vector.dallas.tx.us>, thomas%mvac23.uucp@udel.
edu (Thomas Lapp) writes:

> Philadelphia residents.  Bell of Pennsylvania is introducing Answer
> Call, giving touch- tone telephone users voice-message capabilities.
> Customers can check their voice "mailbox" by dialing a special access
> number and their personal password.

> [Moderator's Note: Here in Chicago, Centel offers voicemail, for $4.95
> per month. Illinois Bell offers it on an experimental basis only in
> the Summit CO, but is scheduled to expand it in the next several
> months. PT]

US West has this available in AZ also.  I called... $7/month!!!!!!
They must be kidding!

Eric Wagner (wagnere@gtephx)
AGCS (formerly GTE), Phoenix     (602) 582-7150
UUCP: {ncar!noao!asuvax | uunet!hrc | att}!gtephx!wagnere