[comp.dcom.telecom] Internet/UUCP Mail and Mailing.

gutierre@nsipo.arc.nasa.gov (Robert Michael Gutierrez) (11/22/89)

In article <telecom-v09i0524m02@vector.dallas.tx.us> you write:

>In article <telecom-v09i0521m05@vector.dallas.tx.us> gphg1125@uxa.cso.uiuc.
>edu (Glenn P Hoetker) writes:

>>I would be very grateful for any advice on how to send e-mail from the
>>U. S. (either Internet or Bitnet) to someone on the JANET network in
>>the U.K.  I know its possible, but have incredible amounts of trouble
>>trying to do it.  Thank you very much.

>One source for network routing information I have not yet seen
>mentioned is Nutshell's new book on the topic.

Nutshell's book is very good. It describes all the networks that are
interconnected or reachable through Internet. That's how I found out
that you can use real names to MCI-Mail <real_name@mcimail.com>
instead of just their mailbox numbers <XXX-XXXX@mcimail.com>.

The descriptions also show the gateways used to get to those networks.

It is called:

     !@%:: A Directory of Electronic Mail and Addressing & Networks
     By Doanld Frey and Rick Adams
     ISBN: 0-937175-93-0
     302 pp.   $26.95

The "!@%::" is exactly the name of the book!

The plan to upgrade @6-8 months. You'll be able to get the updates at a
discount (actually, a whole new book, not insertable updates).

You can call 1-800-338-6887 (NUTS) except in Calif, which is
1-800-533-6887.  They take fax orders at 707-829-0104 (credit card
only on fax orders).

Mail orders are at: O'Reily & Associates
                    632 Petaluma Ave.
                    Sebastopol, CA.  95472
(Don't forget to allow for Tax in CA and MA, and UPS (2 lbs) ground shipping)

I am not a representative of O'Reilly & Assoc, just a satisfied reader.

     Robert Gutierrez  --  NSI Network Operations  -- NASA Ames Research Ctr.