[comp.dcom.telecom] 908 Area Code Beginning to Function

judice@kyoa.enet.dec.com (Louis J. Judice 02-Dec-1989 1636) (12/02/89)

Starting sometime this week, when you dial 1-908-xxx-xxxx you get a
fast busy - instead of the intercept message that was played
previously.

1-908-555-1212 seems to work, BTW.  These tests were run INSIDE 908,
but it's interesting that the new A/C seems to be coming alive...

Lou

"Louis J. Judice 03-Dec-1989 2318" <judice@sulaco.enet.dec.com> (12/03/89)

[Dave Levenson was wondering where in NJ I ran my tests...]

Well, just a couple of miles north of you, Dave, in 781
(Bedminster/Peapack).  I'll give it a try in 562 (Piscataway) and 766
(Basking Ridge) on Monday.

All calls get 2-3 rings then an intercept - much different than the
instant intercept after 1-908 that I was getting before.

Lou Judice
Digital Equipment Corp
Piscataway, NJ
201-562-4103 (But not for long)

dave@uunet.uu.net (Dave Levenson) (12/03/89)

In article <1751@accuvax.nwu.edu>, judice@kyoa.enet.dec.com (Louis J. Judice)
writes:

> Starting sometime this week, when you dial 1-908-xxx-xxxx you get a
> fast busy - instead of the intercept message that was played
> previously.

> 1-908-555-1212 seems to work, BTW.  These tests were run INSIDE 908,
> but it's interesting that the new A/C seems to be coming alive...

Lou:
	I'm curious: where was this tried?  1-908-XXXX still results
in an immediate intercept recording from (201/908)-647-XXXX, as of the
date/time this article was posted.  Because of my tentency toward
'telephone nerdiness', I've been testing this from time to time, but
nothing appears to have changed here, yet.

	Warren Twp is, apparently, also scheduled for a Zip-Code
change next year.  We're trying to avoid two re-printings of our
business stationery.  Wouldn't it be nice if NJ Bell and the Postal
Service could get these things co-ordinated in some way?

Dave Levenson                Voice: (201) 647 0900
Westmark, Inc.               Internet: dave@westmark.uu.net
Warren, NJ, USA              UUCP: {uunet | rutgers | att}!westmark!dave
[The Man in the Mooney]      AT&T Mail: !westmark!dave