[comp.dcom.telecom] ANI Does Not Seem To Work

aaron%castor.usc.edu@usc.edu (Holly Aaron) (12/06/89)

I always thought that ANI could work from any phone but its seems that
on some phones ANI (in my case 311) has no effect.  Those any- one
why.  Is there any other way to find out your number?

				aaron@castor.usc.edu

john@zygot.ati.com (John Higdon) (12/09/89)

In article <1848@accuvax.nwu.edu> Holly Aaron <aaron%castor.usc.edu@usc.edu>
writes:

>I always thought that ANI could work from any phone but its seems that
>on some phones ANI (in my case 311) has no effect.  Those any- one
>why.  Is there any other way to find out your number?

You might try two approaches. One, call the business office and see if
they will help you. Until I passworded my accounts, people used to get
my unpublished numbers that way all the time! The other way Patrick
suggested some time ago: call someone person to person that isn't
there and have the operator leave a call back number. She will give
the number of the line you are using and you should be able to hear
it.

    john@zygot.ati.com      | San Jose, CA 95150 |       M o o !