[comp.dcom.telecom] 800 Number Phone Solicitors

eli@pws.bull.com (12/18/89)

Have any other 800 number owners out there been receiving calls from
some bonehead in Missouri who is trying to sell something?  I got a
very strange message from this individual a few days ago.  He
"instructed" me to write a letter containing all sorts of information
about my company and to send it to him at some obscure address in
Missouri.  Naturally, I ignored him.  If this keeps up, I'm going to
begin to get peeved at the thought of solicitors dialing my 800
number!

steve elias / 508 671 7556 / 617 932 5598

tad@ssc.UUCP (Tad Cook) (12/27/89)

In article <2307@accuvax.nwu.edu>, eli@pws.bull.com writes:

> Have any other 800 number owners out there been receiving calls from
> some bonehead in Missouri who is trying to sell something?  I got a
> very strange message from this individual a few days ago.  He
> "instructed" me to write a letter containing all sorts of information
> about my company and to send it to him at some obscure address in
> Missouri.  Naturally, I ignored him.  If this keeps up, I'm going to
> begin to get peeved at the thought of solicitors dialing my 800
> number!

This sounds like the weird things I have been getting at work on our
response cards from some outfit in Kansas City calling itself
"Bonnhoeterloff".  I checked with the Zip+4 folks at the post office,
and the address is a mail drop.

For fun, I sent a memo to this outfit, and got a response even more
bizzare, about how they were in the "information business", and they
wanted us to submit data on our products classified according to their
strange "system".

Looks like the work of a demented obsessive-compulsive.

Anyone else hear from this outfit?

Tad Cook
tad@ssc.UUCP