[net.news.group] Time for mod.compilers

johnl@ima.UUCP (12/09/85)

Since Peter Barada sent out a note a month ago announcing the creation of
a compilers mailing list, he and I (the mailman) have been deluged with
requests to be on the list.  There are now 101 members, each of whom went
to the trouble to send a note asking to be on the list.  The people are all
over the place -- no site has more than 4 or 5 recipients, and some of the
recipients are actually redistribution lists so there are well over 100
people reading it.

This seems to me to be enough interest for a moderated news group.  Any
objections?  We selflessly volunteer to moderate.  I'm not going to send
out the "newgroup" message since, among other things, we run notes which
doesn't send them at all.

John Levine, ima!johnl

PS:  Feel free to argue about what the group should be called.  Makes no
difference to me.

johnl@ima.UUCP (12/13/85)

The compilers mailing list is now up to 113 recipients, including about 5
redistribution lists on both sides of the Atlantic.  So let's make a news
group, huh?

John Levine, Overworked Mailman ima!johnl

morrism@ecn-aa.UUCP (The Music Man) (12/15/85)

In article <128900004@ima.UUCP> johnl@ima.UUCP writes:

>The compilers mailing list is now up to 113 recipients, including about 5
>redistribution lists on both sides of the Atlantic.  So let's make a news
>group, huh?
>
>John Levine, Overworked Mailman ima!johnl

	Count this as ONE STRONG agreement. After 113 people being on the list,
it should qualify for a mod, fa, or net group.

				-morrism-

    Mitchell J. Morrison Hacker/Programmer/Consultant at Large

    UUCP: {decvax, ihnp4, seismo, ucbvax}!pur-ee!ecn-aa!morrism

    USPS: 902 S. 9th St. Lafayette, IN 47905

    Ma Bell: 317-423-2054 or 317-742-5259 (both voice)

	I say, do, and think what I want. So flame me, nobody else.

	"Life is a virgin. Bitches are easy."

rich@rexago1.UUCP (K. Richard Magill) (12/15/85)

Here! here! for mod.compilers!