[comp.dcom.telecom] Common Carrier Dialer

stanley@uunet.uu.net> (01/09/90)

 Help.

 I have just come accross some interesting pieces of phone hardware
and would like to know if I can use them for anything
productive/intriguing.

 They are called "Common Carrier Access Dialer and Call Controller"
with the name SMarT-1 and Mitel on them, and the claim they are
manufactured by SMT Corp.

 I understand they are the way a local small-time long distance
company got around equal access.

 Does anyone have any info on how to program them?

       nn    m m   RRR   i    John Stanley
      n  n  m m m  R  R       New Methods Research, Inc.
      n  n  m m m  RRR   i    6035 Corporate Drive
      n  n  m m m  R R   i    East Syracuse, NY 13057
      n  n  m m m  R  R  i   (This space reserved for electronic addresses,
    #include <disclaimer.h>   when I finally figure out what they are.)

[Author's note: isn't it interesting. We moved recently. Once we turned the
systems on, uunet was happily bringing us our electronic mail. The US Mail is
still hiccuping. Wouldn't it be nice if ...]

wdegnan@f39.n382.z1.fidonet.org (William Degnan) (01/11/90)

In an article of <9 Jan 90 14:46:16 GMT>, nmri!!stanley@uunet.uu.net
(John Stanley) writes:

 JS>From: nmri!!stanley@uunet.uu.net (John Stanley)
 JS>Date: 9 Jan 90 14:46:16 GMT
 JS>Newsgroups: comp.dcom.telecom

 JS>They are called "Common Carrier Access Dialer and Call Controller"
 JS>with the name SMarT-1 and Mitel on them, and the claim they are
 JS>manufactured by SMT Corp.

Call Jane Conti at Mitel, 555 Taxter Road, Elmsford, NY 10523 (914)
592-1110, if you're buying. She can probably point you in the right
direction. (Ask her if she found that Pizza place near Amtrack in
Rensselaer.)

For literature, including installation practices:

Mitel, Inc., Literature Center, 5400 Broken Sound Boulevard, Boca
Raton, FL 33487 (407) 994-8500.

Some of them have speed dial, an smdr port and ARS.

Regards, Bill

Disclaimer: Contents do not constitute "advice" unless we are on the clock
William Degnan                   | wdegnan@mcimail.com !wdegnan@at&tmail.com
Communications Network Solutions | William.Degnan@telenet.com
P.O. Box 9530, Austin, TX 78766  | voice: 512 323-9383

William Degnan -- via The Q Continuum (FidoNet Node 1:382/31)
UUCP: ...!rpp386!tqc!39!wdegnan
ARPA: wdegnan@f39.n382.z1.FIDONET.ORG