   Date: Sat, 13 Jan 90 15:16:44 EST
   From: rich@pro-exchange.cts.com (Rich Sims)
   Subject: Why things should be checked out!!

I don't usually do the "I told you so!" kind of stuff, but this is a
prime example of what can happen when you see something and simply
assume that because you read it on a computer screen, it must
necessarily be true, without doing even the most rudimentary checking.

This kind of mess may actually wind up doing harm, rather than just
being ignored as "a bunch of idiots who don't know what they're
talking about"....

The following message was transmitted on the usenet
'news.announce.important' newsgroup in an effort to try and correct a
problem that could have been avoided entirely with a bit of thought
and effort....