[comp.dcom.telecom] Why DOES AT&T Behave The Way It Does?

ELS@icf.hrb.com (Eric L. Schott) (02/22/90)

In article <3999@accuvax.nwu.edu>, roy@phri.nyu.edu (Roy Smith) writes:

> 	I go to call the catalog folks to find out prices (I hate when
> there are no prices in catalogs).  But who do I call?

In article <4030@accuvax.nwu.edu>, thomas%mvac23.uucp@udel.edu Moderator
notes:

> [Moderator's Note: ...
> AT&T and/or any huge organization are as good and efficient
> and concerned as their best, most effecient and most concerned
> employees.  They are as clumsy, ineffecient and screwed up as their
> most clumsy, inefficient and screwed up employees. The analogy about
> the chain being as strong as its weakest links might also apply here.
> I've met and worked with many intelligent, very dedicated AT&T people. PT]

I have found Digital Equipment Corporation's catalogs to have widely
varying prices.  This coupled with the question, "Just what items are
discounted?" often left me unsure of a price.  Then came DIGITAL's
Electronic Stores where I can find the latest price with the company
discount.  I have not yet selected the "Would you like to place an
order option" yet. How nice if AT&T has such a system.

Eric L. Schott, HRB Systems, Inc.   814/238-4311
  Internet: ELS@ICF.HRB.COM
  Bitnet:   ELS%HRB@PSUECL.Bitnet
  UUCP:     ...!psuvax1!hrbicf!els