from the Mentor as possible under the circumstances.

   From: Daneel Olivaw #96 @5283
   Date: Sun Mar 04 19:55:28 1990

I'll have to play the Mentor for now (with permission granted).

If you haven't heard the rumors, here is the truth.

The Mentor was awakened at 6:30am on Thursday (3/1/90) with the gun of
a Secret Service agent pointed at his head.  The SS proceded to search
and seize for the next 4 1/2 hours.  Things taken include an AT with
80mb HD, HP LaserJet II, various documents, and other thing.  They
then proceded to raid his office at work, and sieze the computer and
laser printer there.  Lost in the shuffle was a complete novel (being
written and due in 2 weeks), and various other things.

Across town: Those of you who know Erik Bloodaxe, he was also
awakened, and his house searched.

Neither have been charged with anything, but they expect to at least
be called as witnesses at the case of the Phrack Boys (Knight
Lightning and Tarren King) in Chicago April 15.

Apparently, they did a shoddy job, as they tagged a book that Mentor
had borrowed from me (Quarterman's "The Matrix"), and then forgot to
take it, oh well....

It ain't lookin so lovely.  Also the UT computer systes are under
*VERY* close watch, as they were/are being hacked on by hackers around
the world, including some in Australia, and England.

							OM