[comp.dcom.telecom] MCI Plans

segal%cell.mot.COM@uunet.uu.net (Gary Segal) (03/13/90)

I have MCI's equivlant of Sprint Plus or AT&Ts Reach Out America.
Here are the details:

Plan Name: Preimer (I think)

Plan Period: 7pm-8am weekdays, 12am Sat-5pm Sun

Rates:	Minumum $8.00 / month for first 60 minutes.
	10.833 cents per minute for each additional minute.

Distance: Rates apply to all 48 states.

When I first joined this plan, the additional minute rate was 11.33
cents.  I noticed sometime ago that the rate dropped without even a
marketing brouchure to annoucne it!  I find this plan meets my needs
very well, as most of my LD calls are to one of the coasts, so I
really save over distance sensitive rates.

The negative with this plan is that it only works from my phone, not
on calls dialed with the MCI card (i.e. no "Around Town" feature for
Preimer).  Any calls I make on my card are subject to the standard MCI
rates and rate periods.  Around Town does apply for those rates.

"If you've done six impossible things this morning, | Gary Segal, Motorola CID
why not finish it up with breakfast at MillieWays,  | 1501 W. Shure Drive
the Restaurant at the End of the Universe!"         | Arlington Heights, IL

olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Todd Olson) (03/14/90)

In article <5123@accuvax.nwu.edu> motcid!segal%cell.mot.COM@uunet.uu.net
(Gary Segal) writes:

>I have MCI's equivlant of Sprint Plus or AT&Ts Reach Out America.
>Here are the details:
  [....]
>Distance: Rates apply to all 48 states.

   I thought that there were 50 states?  I guess I don't live in a
state, huh?  Where do I live then in a foreign country?  Damn, I
thought I was an American; I guess not ... Does this mean I don't have
to pay taxes?

  /  /  / / \ / \    /  / /   (   /  / /\  /  olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

"Women: can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts." -  Norm of Cheers fame

[Moderator's Note: I *think* (am not sure) he meant the 48 contiginous
states on the mainland. There are some long distance plans which do
not take in Alaska or Hawaii (as was the case with Reach Out America
at first, and AT&T WATS for many years.)      PT]